Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Grendku Awards Ceremony: The "and like that, he's gone.." Version

I have picked my single favorite 'ku of each and rewarded them justly. Any concerns, complaints, grievances and general dissatisfaction should be routed through Grendku Industries Inhuman Resources Department.

Kate starts us off with some honest yet gentle interrogation:

katehopeeden said...

Who's this character
that our Haiku's should honor?
Never heard of him...

Kate divines things to come later in this Grendku Friday and gets the Maybe I Might Make Misadventurous Mysterious Movie Motifs Molder Award.
Darth Smallberries proves that even a Sith Lord using the awesome power of the Dark Side of the Force may have momentary lapses in memory:
darth said...

like kate, my mem'ry
fails when hearing "verbal kint"



was he keyser soze?

Or not. Darth is on the money. Moral of the story people... never ever underestimate the power of a Sith Lord, even if his title contains the name "Smallberries". Unto Darth is humbly rendered Aptly Ancient Accounting and Also Absolute Assembled Anamnesis Award. That'll look nice on your desk at Yoyodyne Propulsion.

Beo busts a 'ku move:
Beowo1|= said...

but officer, it was like...
who am i kidding --
i have got nuthing this time.

But ends up looking like Grend31 on a dance floor. Well maybe not quite that bad. I mean no one is pointing and laughing at you and you aren't sulking off to a dark recess to mope. Ok. Bad analogy. Beo, take this. Oh, and have this award too: Sometimes Somber Silence Subsumes the Supreme Spirit Award.

Sweet Jeebus, looks like I gave Dewdew another reason to touch himself. Like he needed that:
dewdew said...

I don't know Roger
But when I think about him
I must touch myself

Dewdew, in order for you to accept this award you'll need at least one hand available. There we go.. here's the Fiercely Fascinatingly Free Fearless Frequent Fondler Award. Yes, it's another touchy-feely award for Dewdew, like he'd have it any other way.

Miss Kendra pops by and gets all Roger Ebert-y on our buttocks:
miss kendra said...

he was good in this
one and the one with the roses.
kpax sucked big time.

As per your request Miss Kendra I've had this award crafted from aircraft grade aluminum. It's completely hollow and nearly light as a feather: Championing the Calculating Canny and Couth Critical Cause Award.

Vegas unsheathes this Grendku and screams "There can be only one!" lopping the head right off of this topic:
VegasGustan said...

Keyser Soze is not real
That is the best lie
For The Truth Sets No One Free.

Vegas you came through in shining colors on this one. Let me focus all of raw alliterative power for this one: Earnest Endowment for Encapsulating the Entire Essence of the Evil Egomaniacal yet Entertaining Evildoer Award.
Dragonfly comes up with the only excuse allowable for missing this event (and then she participates anyway.. what a peach), watching one of my favs:

Dragonfly said...

No time for Grendku
l-o-t-r marathon.
who is this Roger?

Well, there would be another legitimate excuse, wild nookie lasting all evening. Nobody seems to be copping to that one though. Dragonfly take this Blessings to Blow this Berth for a Better Banquet Booked with the Baggins Boys Award.

Paula like Kate appeared to be in the dark on this one:
Paula said...

Roger 'Verbal' Kint
Who the hell is that I ask?
Have no friggin clue.

Yep, this was a tougher one Paula. I didn't expect everyone to get the reference. I am surprised that you didn't even pop it into a search engine though. Although, as we'll see with the next award, that sometimes doesn't help anyway. Paula to you is granted the Intoxicating Indulgence of the Indiscernable Ingenue Award.

And Moo mops things up again with:
MooCow said...

Had to use Google
Just to find out the topic.
Hey look...free porn links.

Moo you get the Whisked 'Way and Waylaid by WWW-dot-Wanking Award. And a tissue.
That's all she wrote.

9 Comments:

Blogger katehopeeden said...

Moo you get the Whisked 'Way and Waylaid by WWW-dot-Wanking Award. And a tissue.
lmao :)
Hopefully this week's subject matter can be something we don't need to Google :P
~K

10/05/2005  
Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i thought it was a good topic!

but then again, i'm a big dork.

BIG.

10/05/2005  
Blogger dewdew said...

Honored by your award, once again.

Still don't know who he is.

vuljlko

10/05/2005  
Blogger Grend31 said...

High praise from the Beo.. much appreciated.

Kendra, we Big Dorks must stick together to combat anti-big-dorkness everywhere. It's our mission in life.

Dewdew, your honor is gracious, and if you really must know.. google it. ;)

10/05/2005  
Blogger Grend31 said...

Oh and I'm thinking of something nice and obscure for this week as well Kate. Trying to outdo last week even. >:)

10/05/2005  
Blogger katehopeeden said...

Oh and I'm thinking of something nice and obscure for this week as well Kate. Trying to outdo last week even. >:)
*opens window, types 'google.com', waits for new subject matter*
~K

10/06/2005  
Blogger Grend31 said...

I broke down and gave you guys an easy one.

10/06/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you again for my award, plus I love the Highlander reference.

Long live The Clan MacLeod!

10/06/2005  
Blogger Dragonfly said...

I'm so happy my distraction was too your liking - I'm working on the alternative for this weekend.

10/07/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home