Moments in Industrial Wisdom
They do exist. I will grant you that they are few and far between. Most industrial music is dark and dreary and perhaps a bit monotonous in terms of lyrical content, but occasionally there are a few gems here and there that lead down the cobwebbed caves and unwalked cobblestone paths in my mind to self-reflection and self-revelation. They may even move me to a place where I question whether or not my outlook on life and my attitude towards others are in healthy places.
This week I'm bringing you a couple snippets from one of my favorite songs by one of Bill Leeb's many many projects:
Song: Autoerotic
Artist: Frontline Assembly
Album: Flavour of the Weak
...
gotta get up
gotta get down
gotta put the fear
in the ground
...
Mastery of one's fears. I'd love to achieve this someday. Sometimes fear is a healthy reaction to a situation, but most of the time it's an impediment. Those roadblocks in my mind that prevent me from journeying into places that may be wonderous and experiencing things that help me grow as a person. Know the fear - rise up to it, conquer the fear - smite down upon it with the power of the Furies, pay your respects to the fear once it's dead and buried - underground. Oh, and pray it doesn't rise up as some new pus-oozing half-rotted undead manifestation of it's old self.
...
lies lust and hate
in the end
it's too late
...
Regret.
Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.
When I take my last few gasps I fully expect there will be a flash of past events that will attempt to flood my last few remaining seconds... remembrances of things about which I should have been more truthful - to myself and others, memories of things that I foolishly poured my passion into instead of other places of where it could have been better spent, and most regretfully there will be ghosts peeking through from the netherworld that shall whisper into my failing ears all of the times that I felt malice or ill will towards others and left it unresolved in myself. My goal now is to try to minimize this entire experience to two or three seconds, so I can enjoy the following several after as they'll be my last.
This week I'm bringing you a couple snippets from one of my favorite songs by one of Bill Leeb's many many projects:
Song: Autoerotic
Artist: Frontline Assembly
Album: Flavour of the Weak
...
gotta get up
gotta get down
gotta put the fear
in the ground
...
Mastery of one's fears. I'd love to achieve this someday. Sometimes fear is a healthy reaction to a situation, but most of the time it's an impediment. Those roadblocks in my mind that prevent me from journeying into places that may be wonderous and experiencing things that help me grow as a person. Know the fear - rise up to it, conquer the fear - smite down upon it with the power of the Furies, pay your respects to the fear once it's dead and buried - underground. Oh, and pray it doesn't rise up as some new pus-oozing half-rotted undead manifestation of it's old self.
...
lies lust and hate
in the end
it's too late
...
Regret.
Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.
When I take my last few gasps I fully expect there will be a flash of past events that will attempt to flood my last few remaining seconds... remembrances of things about which I should have been more truthful - to myself and others, memories of things that I foolishly poured my passion into instead of other places of where it could have been better spent, and most regretfully there will be ghosts peeking through from the netherworld that shall whisper into my failing ears all of the times that I felt malice or ill will towards others and left it unresolved in myself. My goal now is to try to minimize this entire experience to two or three seconds, so I can enjoy the following several after as they'll be my last.


2 Comments:
Um, word up G? I don't know what to say. Sorry I have not been around... I have been hiding.
Welcome back Mr. Gustan. No need for an apology. You are talking to someone who can appreciate a good hide.
Post a Comment
<< Home