Friday, July 15, 2005

The Brigadiere's Boomerang

My Dearest Perceivers,
We have a series of questions to test the mettle of the Brigadiere's brilliance. Smiggins has relayed all of your dubieties to yours truly and have given them all a good ponder. Let's start at the customary place of these things, at what I like to call, the beginning.
Dragonfly said...

I have a question...
Where does a candle go?

Ah, Ms. Dragonfly, good to see that you had a few spare wingbeats to buzz by. And might I say your gossamer wings look absolutely stunning this day! Now, what's all this then about candles? ... hrrrm. Well, I suppose it's best to look at this simply. You know what they say, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. And sadly that describes perfectly my expertise or should I say lack thereof of Things Candlish. I have before me a large waxy pillar. I've stared at it, on your behalf, for about five hours now. And it's bloody well going nowhere. Pardon my French! I completely forgot my manners Lady Dragonfly, please forgive my crass outburst. Most ungallant of me. Smiggins, bless his mute soul, has had a most brilliant idea. He's brought a match and is feverishly begging me to let him do something or other with it. By jove, after my nod, he's lit the infernal beast! I thought I had gone dolally with nothing happening, but I think we may be getting somewhere now.

I say, Lady Dragonfly, I *do* have your answer. Candles, very very clearly, go.. down.
Jesster said...

Should we grill steaks this weekend?

Smashing idea indeed Lady Jesster! I'll send Smiggins out to pastures to slaughter us up a fine steer. He's gotten rather handy with the olde bonesaw recently. He does get this rather disturbing look in the eye though when he wields it. Maybe I should give him the blunderbuss in stead to bring down the steer. May help bring him back around to civilized ways in a more expeditious fashion. Last butchering I was scampering for my life all around the estate for two days finding nooks and crannies to lie low while Smiggins was running around mad as a March hare with a meat cleaver in either hand. On second thought, perhaps I'll just have Smiggins check the deep freeze.
MooCow said...

Why should I ask a question?

Ah, young one, that's quite simple. If you wish to continue your current straining against the grain, you shouldn't.

Yours totally in the buff,
Sir Brigadiere General Grend31, Mrs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dragonfly said...

Thank you General, Sir for that information. Down, huh? why did I not realise that. I must be so dazzled by the light I forget to look at the wazy pillar while it is lit to actually see what is going on with it. That is why I don't light candles often... it's to distracting.

7/15/2005  
Blogger Grend31 said...

Dear Lady Dragonfly,

Glad to be of some assistance.

Yours in waxy wickishness,
Sir Brigadiere General Grend31, Mrs.

7/19/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home