Grendku Friday Award Ceremony
I do so apologize for bringing last Friday's Grendku topic into the political arena. I promise promise promise this week will be something frivolous. We are overdue for the frivolous. But sadly, this awards ceremony will be traveling that same path.
dewdew gives us all the poli-scientific breakdown of what happens when you put Dick in Bush. As with normal pregnancies and births, there is pain, suffering and blood. But apparently it's all worth it in the end. Because what you have at the end is worth so much more. Oh, wait, I guess it's nothing like that at all. My mistake. It's just a bunch of grossly wealthy businessmen getting richer by spilling the blood of the "less fortunate" Americans. My error completely. dewdew picks up the Blood for Oil for Money Because We Are A Stupid People Award.
darth winds up with an inside fastball and hits the our highest court square in the jimmy with Just More Supreme Court Chit. Unfortunately for us, the Supreme Court wears an impenetrable adamantium cup and they'll stroll to first without a care in the world. I'd really like to award darth with An Adamantium Piercing Baseball Award but science just hasn't found a way to penetrate the stuff yet. Instead darth will have to settle for Whacking at the Whining Wealthy Walmart Wankers Award.
Serra also takes a stab at the Supreme Court in her sharp-bladed Grendku I am calling Are We Really Getting Our Money's Worth? What we learn from this Grendku is that the Supreme Court can only be affected by silver-laced weapons which have been annointed consecrated on holy ground with holy water by a holy person on a holy day. Wow, that's a lotta holes. Serra takes home the Try This Wooden Stake Through the Heart Award. If it works we'll call you Serra the Slayer. If it doesn't, well, we don't even want to think about that gruesome possibility.
Valerie goes freeform all over our buttocks in her hyperlinked call to action The Slippery Slope of Silence. Sadly I'm far too bitter, jaded and tired to think that anything I can do at this stage of the game will amount to a hill of beans. We have a president on the way out who clearly doesn't care if he takes his party's name down in flames with him as long as the checks gets written to the parties involved. A sick part of me actually wants things to get even worse so the American people backlash against him and his party even more. Sad, but it's politics. But we need more people like Valerie for the next time around to help rekindle the positive flame that so many of us cynics have left for ashes at this point. Valerie to you is rendered a special kudos: The Actualizing Awareness and Affirmative Activism Award.
Vegas, let us not forget the company that Greed keeps.
Jesster just made the baby grend31 cry reminding him of MORE in her Grendku MerryGoRound. He also cried during that. What? Monsters cry too! *grabs some monster-sized kleenex and sniffles* Fine, giggle at a crying monster if you like. *summons up the strength to make it through this award* To Jesster is given Yes! Let's All Go Out and Play Because Maybe This Will All Just Go Away Even for a Few Moments Award. Now if you don't mind I'm going to take a quick powder room break to fresh up a bit and clear away this acidic tears. They're burning holes in my script for the awards ceremony.
*Brief Intermission* (with music of course)
Beo ends this Grendku Friday summing exactly how I feel about our political process in Fried. I'm not saying there is anything better out there folks, don't get me wrong. Beo wins the Happy It's (Almost) Over Award. It is isn't it? In the grand scheme of things? Please say yes. Please.
dewdew gives us all the poli-scientific breakdown of what happens when you put Dick in Bush. As with normal pregnancies and births, there is pain, suffering and blood. But apparently it's all worth it in the end. Because what you have at the end is worth so much more. Oh, wait, I guess it's nothing like that at all. My mistake. It's just a bunch of grossly wealthy businessmen getting richer by spilling the blood of the "less fortunate" Americans. My error completely. dewdew picks up the Blood for Oil for Money Because We Are A Stupid People Award.
darth winds up with an inside fastball and hits the our highest court square in the jimmy with Just More Supreme Court Chit. Unfortunately for us, the Supreme Court wears an impenetrable adamantium cup and they'll stroll to first without a care in the world. I'd really like to award darth with An Adamantium Piercing Baseball Award but science just hasn't found a way to penetrate the stuff yet. Instead darth will have to settle for Whacking at the Whining Wealthy Walmart Wankers Award.
Serra also takes a stab at the Supreme Court in her sharp-bladed Grendku I am calling Are We Really Getting Our Money's Worth? What we learn from this Grendku is that the Supreme Court can only be affected by silver-laced weapons which have been annointed consecrated on holy ground with holy water by a holy person on a holy day. Wow, that's a lotta holes. Serra takes home the Try This Wooden Stake Through the Heart Award. If it works we'll call you Serra the Slayer. If it doesn't, well, we don't even want to think about that gruesome possibility.
Valerie goes freeform all over our buttocks in her hyperlinked call to action The Slippery Slope of Silence. Sadly I'm far too bitter, jaded and tired to think that anything I can do at this stage of the game will amount to a hill of beans. We have a president on the way out who clearly doesn't care if he takes his party's name down in flames with him as long as the checks gets written to the parties involved. A sick part of me actually wants things to get even worse so the American people backlash against him and his party even more. Sad, but it's politics. But we need more people like Valerie for the next time around to help rekindle the positive flame that so many of us cynics have left for ashes at this point. Valerie to you is rendered a special kudos: The Actualizing Awareness and Affirmative Activism Award.
Vegas, let us not forget the company that Greed keeps.
Jesster just made the baby grend31 cry reminding him of MORE in her Grendku MerryGoRound. He also cried during that. What? Monsters cry too! *grabs some monster-sized kleenex and sniffles* Fine, giggle at a crying monster if you like. *summons up the strength to make it through this award* To Jesster is given Yes! Let's All Go Out and Play Because Maybe This Will All Just Go Away Even for a Few Moments Award. Now if you don't mind I'm going to take a quick powder room break to fresh up a bit and clear away this acidic tears. They're burning holes in my script for the awards ceremony.
*Brief Intermission* (with music of course)
Beo ends this Grendku Friday summing exactly how I feel about our political process in Fried. I'm not saying there is anything better out there folks, don't get me wrong. Beo wins the Happy It's (Almost) Over Award. It is isn't it? In the grand scheme of things? Please say yes. Please.


4 Comments:
Gosh, thanks for such a prestigious award. I will put it on my mantle and cherish it always. Thanks also for the opportunity to vent some of the serious shit.
Looking forward to frivolity and lollipops this Friday.
Wheeeeeee!
Open wide bitch! I got yer lollie right here!
*sorry.. that was the evil monster part of me that got loose... oh who am I kidding..?*
I should put up a big sign on my site.. "Do Not Bait the Grend31".
Sorry! Sorry 'bout that folks! Sorry.. at least I didn't kill yer auntie...
'Sok, Beo, you know Mom--she'll come kick his but in a minute.
That sign could say, "Do not taunt HappyFunGrend31"
Post a Comment
<< Home