Come sit with me and I'll tell you a story...

The Fickle Fickle People of Korpacracia
Chapter 1: The Festival of Frowning
Long ago in a far away land there was a kingdom called Korpacracia. It was a happy little place ruled by a happy little man called King Klyntun. This king loved many many different things: his people, playing his sarcsafone (an odd long metal instrument of the wind) and dangerous native foods like the bygmak and doh-not. Overall he was fairly well liked by the serfs of Korpacracia and generally tolerated by the overly-wealthy land owners and fat bloated merchants.
One thing I should note about the serfs of Korpacracia, they aren't your average serfs. They wield the horrible power of being able to choose their King every once in awhile! Now settle down, I know it sounds far-fetched child, but this is a special magical place remember. Another thing you should about the serfs is that they are a fickle bunch who like to have their minds made up for them. Remember they do most of the real work in Korpacracia and by the end of the day they are too tired to have much left for important decision making. So who do you guess helps them make those decisions? That's right! The overly-wealthy land owners and fat bloated merchants! Very good! This story is about just how tired you can get as a serf.
It was nearing the last reign of King Klyntun (he had served one previous reign already) that he found himself in a bit of a pickle. Well, to be more accurate it was more of a situation with a serving wench and his pickle. Maybe you are too young for this story now that I think about it. Forget all of that about pickles. In a fit of passion he received a special kiss from a young serving wench. Why was this bad? Oh! I've forgot to mention he had a Queen! Fair Queen Hyllaree! Yes, good King Klyntun was wedded with fair Queen Hyllaree and only she was supposed to be giving the Good King his special kisses. The Fair Queen quickly forgave the good King for his transgression and showed much support by standing by his side at all public festivals and coronations. But the fickle serfs of Korpacracia were not that forgiving? Why was that? That is an excellent question young one! *tickle*
I'll have to give you two answers, because the husband serfs and the wife serfs each had their own reasons. The wife serfs were outraged that the Good King was setting such a poor example for their husbands by receiving special kisses from someone other than his wife. They thought it would be very bad if their husbands got similiar ideas and wanted special kisses from someone other than them. Now, the husband serfs all nodded and smiled and agreed with their wives when they held their Festival of Frowning. But what really upset the husband serfs was the fact that they weren't wealthy enough to have their own serving wench to even ask to give them special kisses. Because the husband serfs were basically swine-in-men's-clothing.
And what did the very-wealthy land owners and fat bloated merchants think of all of this? Well, that's a story for another day... it's late now and we need to get you home to get you tucked into bed...


5 Comments:
What a wonderous tale. I hope it has a happy ending.
Don't get your hopes up too high.
tell it again! tell it again!
I missed the Grendkus Friday!!
*weeping bitterly*
I had the day off and that's what got me thru the week. Can I post one anyway? Can I? Can I?
My dear dear A*... you know we really have no rules around here... :D
And I'd be sorely disappointed if a free spirit such as yourself didn't do as she pleases...
I like dirty, gritty, realistic, everyone dies or lives unhappily eer after movies. This is why Hollywood hates me. But I think Grend31's stories will satisfy.
Post a Comment
<< Home