Thursday, May 26, 2005

Another Riveting "Today in Fark" Posting...

Apparently the internet has now formally become the Wild Wild West. White horse crackers are now attacking phishing sites by defacing them. How do I feel about these vigilante web jockeys? I'm a bit mixed, currently. On the one hand, they are doing us all a public service by making us less prone to falling into phishing traps. On the other hand, I know they are violating their service agreement with their service provider when they are cracking these phisher sites and molesting the molesters. And quite frankly, if the security teams of their ISPs are provided the logs to prove that these white horse crackers were defacing these websites, well, they're gonna get shut down. Commit the crime: do the time. Most abuse departments barely have time for their infrequently scheduled bathroom breaks. They certainly do not have the time to sift through each complaint and see if this was a legitimate white horse incident.

Sometimes vigilante superheroes have to pay the price for their activities when they step outside the law, or service agreement as the case may be. There is no Batlight calling you to this task. And you sure as hell can't remain as anonymous as the Dark Knight can. Be prepared to reap what you sow.

2 Comments:

Blogger G Dawney said...

**** WARNING **** WARNING****
OFF TOPIC COMMENT FOLLOWS:

So then, who are you really
that you affect my
bitty life so very much?

Grend31, will you answer some questions for me?

5/26/2005  
Blogger Grend31 said...

Very nice Grendku G. D.
Me? I'm nobody...
I affect very little...

5/27/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home