Grendku Awards Ceremony - Condensed Version
Like Campbell's soup. Bean and bacon in fact. That's my favorite. But don't add water to this unless you want the magic smoke to leave your monitor.
Let's get on with it.
Jesster hits fast, hard and goes straight for the jugular in her Grendku The Couch, Codexes and Cuddling. Yeah, she's pretty much not playin' fair by including *me* as part of what gets her through the week, but hey who said anything about playing fair? She wins the I Shall Love You Til My Last Gasping Breath Award. Hopefully that will be my first and last mushy award this week. Although I see MooCow made an entry this week, so no promises.
Paula sings the blues and its feline cure in Lap Love. Must be nice to have a cuddly lap cat. Our fuss-budget of a cat wouldn't sit on your lap if you were the last human on this earth capable of feeding him. And that says a lot, because he has serious food issues. Paula pulls in the Cozay Cute Kittay of Calmitude Award. I'm so jealous.
Beowo1|= sings the therapeutic praises of some serious Beating of Ass in his Grendku entitled Austrians Afire. I hear they are coming out with a new villian group in CoH called The Triple As. The Angry Anal Austrians. Apparently they will have mainly sonic and noxious fume attacks but will be completely vulnerable to reason and logic. Your award must be the Sharry's Gonna Set Yer Austrian Arse on Fire Award. There's no other way.
dewdew reminds us that there are vocational endeavors which don't leave you feeling shell-shocked by the end of the week in his 'ku I am calling I Got Better. It's always nice to hear those employment stories with a happy ending. dewdew yanks in the Jobful Joyousness and Better Business Bliss Award. Once again dewdew, you are the envy of millions. It comes as no surprise I'm sure.
G Dawney finds comfort in her spiritual life in her first offically entered Grendku, Savin' Grace. Ok, I have to stretch a bit before I give this award, 'cause it's a tricky one one indeed. *streeeeetch* G Dawney, unto you is rendered the Weathering Worry of the Workweek through Worship Award. *whew* that was alotta Ws. *wince* I still think I pulled something.
Serra warms us up and gears our gears spinning with her Grendku Brain Lube. While I personally do not partake of the warm ground liquid bean of caffeine delivery, I know that most do. Therefore I should acknowledge its power and give you the Popular Pea of Pulminary Precipitation in Potion-form Award. I still think that stuff tastes like battery acid.
Remember when I said the mushy stuff was over? I lied. Well, I kinda lied. You'll see what I mean. MooCow comes out with both guns blazing in his Haiku Weekdays in Review. Why can I not shower MooCow with affection and adoration when he gives our Grendku Friday such high praise? I'll tell you why I cannot. Because he wouldn't want me to, that's why. And it's probably exactly what he would want. So, therefore, MooCow receives in its entirity The Complete, Utter and Total Suppression of Grend31 Affection Award for his esteemed extolment of exaltation.
Ok, these were supposed to be brief. Condensed even. Totally failed. I need a nap now.
zzzzz...
Let's get on with it.
Jesster hits fast, hard and goes straight for the jugular in her Grendku The Couch, Codexes and Cuddling. Yeah, she's pretty much not playin' fair by including *me* as part of what gets her through the week, but hey who said anything about playing fair? She wins the I Shall Love You Til My Last Gasping Breath Award. Hopefully that will be my first and last mushy award this week. Although I see MooCow made an entry this week, so no promises.
Paula sings the blues and its feline cure in Lap Love. Must be nice to have a cuddly lap cat. Our fuss-budget of a cat wouldn't sit on your lap if you were the last human on this earth capable of feeding him. And that says a lot, because he has serious food issues. Paula pulls in the Cozay Cute Kittay of Calmitude Award. I'm so jealous.
Beowo1|= sings the therapeutic praises of some serious Beating of Ass in his Grendku entitled Austrians Afire. I hear they are coming out with a new villian group in CoH called The Triple As. The Angry Anal Austrians. Apparently they will have mainly sonic and noxious fume attacks but will be completely vulnerable to reason and logic. Your award must be the Sharry's Gonna Set Yer Austrian Arse on Fire Award. There's no other way.
dewdew reminds us that there are vocational endeavors which don't leave you feeling shell-shocked by the end of the week in his 'ku I am calling I Got Better. It's always nice to hear those employment stories with a happy ending. dewdew yanks in the Jobful Joyousness and Better Business Bliss Award. Once again dewdew, you are the envy of millions. It comes as no surprise I'm sure.
G Dawney finds comfort in her spiritual life in her first offically entered Grendku, Savin' Grace. Ok, I have to stretch a bit before I give this award, 'cause it's a tricky one one indeed. *streeeeetch* G Dawney, unto you is rendered the Weathering Worry of the Workweek through Worship Award. *whew* that was alotta Ws. *wince* I still think I pulled something.
Serra warms us up and gears our gears spinning with her Grendku Brain Lube. While I personally do not partake of the warm ground liquid bean of caffeine delivery, I know that most do. Therefore I should acknowledge its power and give you the Popular Pea of Pulminary Precipitation in Potion-form Award. I still think that stuff tastes like battery acid.
Remember when I said the mushy stuff was over? I lied. Well, I kinda lied. You'll see what I mean. MooCow comes out with both guns blazing in his Haiku Weekdays in Review. Why can I not shower MooCow with affection and adoration when he gives our Grendku Friday such high praise? I'll tell you why I cannot. Because he wouldn't want me to, that's why. And it's probably exactly what he would want. So, therefore, MooCow receives in its entirity The Complete, Utter and Total Suppression of Grend31 Affection Award for his esteemed extolment of exaltation.
Ok, these were supposed to be brief. Condensed even. Totally failed. I need a nap now.
zzzzz...


20 Comments:
Poor Grend has an unaffectionate kitty. I know how it feels I used to have one of those too. She lives with my mom now and is getting pretty old in age. She's a fraidy cat and doesn't like being held or brushed or cuddled. It's sad really. Boomer doesn't really like being picked up but she loves sitting on laps. In fact she's sitting on mine right now! She also sleeps on my bed but only if her fav blanket is on it. She sometimes cuddles up next to me under the covers too. :)
Ours are most likely to be cuddly in the morning. Jessie will sleep next to my shoulder or share my pillow, and Scully will curl up under my arm. They will sleep-in for hours if we do. Annie will come and sit on the bed or headboard and hasn't quite figured out how to cuddle yet. But, she sat in my lap for the first time last week.
My cat screams at me when he wants food.
One of our cats, Gloria, is a 'fraidy cat. She won't sit still for anything.
One of my grandbaby-cats (they belong to my daughter who is out of the country right now) is a whiny thing. He sleeps with my Middle Child.
The other grandbaby-cat can't decide if he wants to be in or out. It doesn't matter, whichever side of the door he is on, he wants to be on the other side.
None of them are cuddly. [Sigh]
Oh. And I am Wonderfully Wowed by your Winsome 'Ward :D
hee hee.. yer... welcome. :)
I am unable to read the rest of my award because my eyes burst into flames at "Why can I not shower MooCow..."
At least it wasn't "Why can I not shower *with* MooCow...".
We at least still have that option Moo.
*touch*
Or shower *on* MooCow...
Yes, but I didn't want to snap the twig-like remainder of his sanity in twain, dewdew. Like you just did. :)
Tee hee hee...
*touch*
That sound you hear is my head exploding.
And don't touch me.
Well, dammit. We broke the MooCow again. You have the epoxy and tweezers or is it my turn dewdew?
Well, I have something sticky that we can use, but it isn't epoxy.
Here, MooCow. Here, sticky MooCow.
There should have been a spew alert before MooCow's first post. It took me far too long to clear the damned screen of honey penis butter and pink lemonade (bite me--the country style pork ribs are smoking out in the Smokey Joe).
Oh, and hiya MooCow--it's been too long.
*touch*
You know we don't give warnings for such. That's like asking for a warning before a car crash. Or train derailment. Or bombing civilians. We just don't do that. Mainly because we aren't nice people.
Touching me = no.
Sincerely,
MooCow
*toooooooooooooooooooooooooouch*
the MooCow.
We know you want it.
Hide behind that cold exterior all you like.
We know at the heart of the MooCow is a warm creamy luvvy center.
*touch*
Try to touch MooCow...
MooCow blocks the attempt.
Grab MooCow and hold tight...
*touch* *touch* *touch* *touch*
Wheeeeeeeee!
Post a Comment
<< Home