You = Netflix, Monkey = Me

I am tired of you sending me fragile DVDs in paper-thin envelopes that get brutalized in the war zone that is our postal system. If memory serves me correctly you used to use cardboard mailers. I demand you return to those days. Now.
I am tired of having my disc previously handled by some cretin that thought the DVD would make a fun light show in his microwave for 30 seconds on high. Or perfect fit coaster for his oil can Foster's Lager.
I'm tired of having my discs come to me immediately having graced some hillbilly home where they have no concept that you don't handle the media side with your greasy unwashed hairy-palmed mitts.
One more broken disc in the mail.
One more skippy disc in my DVD player.
Just one more of either of those Netflix and I swear on the warm tasty chunky marinara sauce of the Flying Spaghetti Monster we are through.


8 Comments:
I've been wondering why there's a coffee cup ring on about half my Netflix envelopes. Not the ones on the outside either--it's on the thin envelope on the inside.
I think they should branch off and have 2 services and separate pools of discs for each:
Netflix ala Clue
*and*
Netflix for your Average American Ape
Sometimes I really hate my fellow man. Why do they make it so easy for themselves to be despised and reviled?
I haven't had too much of a problem with Netflix. I don't think we've ever had a broken one. We've only had maybe 2 disks come that were so scratched they were absolutely unplayable.
I got tired of all that too and switched to Blockbuster. Their collection is getting better and I have yet to have an issue with them. Plus, you get free weekly in-store rentals too. Plus, my discs have been coming a lot quicker too. Try their free trial thing and if you don't like Blockbuster just cancel.
*NOTE*This comment was not paid for by Blockbuster. That is all.
I can't believe there hasn't been a "spank the monkey" comment yet.
I am disappointed in you blogosphere.
Disappointed.
~K
Paula: Perhaps people out in your area actually know how to handle discs. I can no longer trust that those that share my service know how to do this.
Vegas: I may do just that. I only worry about the selection at this point. We currently have a queue of 500 and an additional queue of 250+. I ordered up some DVD cleaning items and we're going to see if it makes any difference.
Kate: Looks like you are our monkey-spanking pioneer on this thread. I knew I could count on you to take us there. Sorry to hear about the romance gone sour. Hopefully this guy just lets it go quietly.
My friend used them recently I believe. The DVD he received opened with the stern warning that it should under no circumstances be used for rental purposes. Ha.
Why does that come as no surprise to me.
Smells like a copyright infringement to me.
Toss 'em to the wolves I say.
Post a Comment
<< Home