Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I should just keep my mouth shut



But I'm not sure I will be able to this time around. I am usually your textbook happy-go-lucky employee. Willing to do what is asked regardless of the absurdity of the request. I like my paycheck. A lot.

It has been made perfectly clear to me that very soon I am going to be asked to do more work. That I am going to be expected to move into a whole new realm of discomfort.

I already do *two* distinct jobs. I have never complained about this. Another coworker of mine was requested to do the same and quit the second job outright because it was too much. Which means that I have...

One more "job" than anyone else in my direct vicinity. And I am the lowest grade in the lowest payscale of my group. Typically I buck up and roll with the punches.

But I don't think that is going to be an option this time.

7 Comments:

Blogger katehopeeden said...

It has been, in my experience, proven that a "still tongue" does actually not make a happy life.
I'm just saying.
~K

4/26/2006  
Blogger Grend31 said...

Oh, and I'm hearing. That still was from The Prisoner, if you aren't familiar. It's not a happy message.

4/26/2006  
Blogger dewdew said...

Hee hee... "still tongue".

4/27/2006  
Blogger Grend31 said...

As opposed to a wagging tongue Dewdew. Not a flicking tongue.

4/27/2006  
Blogger dewdew said...

Like licking honey off the wings of a butterfly.

4/27/2006  
Blogger Dragonfly said...

I don't suppose you are coming up for a "work review" any time soon are you?

That way you can point out to the bosses the number of positions you are actually filling and the lack of proportion to your pay...

4/28/2006  
Blogger Grend31 said...

That butterfly will never grace the air again Dewdew. Not after my tongue is through with it.

It's funny you should mention that Lady Dragonfly. I just had my planning meeting for the year with my handler and not a word was mentioned regarding me needing to change or add anything. Kind of peeves me off it does.

4/28/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home