Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Well, I'm back from a brief blogging break.

Y'all worry too much. If I was gonna be gone, heh.. I'd be gone. Without a wisp of blog smoke left. Any forensics performed on the general vicinity of where my blog was would find no trace of it. So I tried to clean out the cobwebs a bit during this little break and do a little blog soul searching. You know what? It left me with the same feeling that elections in '04 did. Like I was offered a chance to see something wonderful happen, but couldn't muster willpower to push it into reality.

I don't know why I blog. I really don't. There are certain topics I will just never be able to bring myself to share. Those should be relatively obvious by now for those of you who know me well. These are the things that I actually have interesting things to post about, but those things have potential repercussions when you bring them into this arena. Occasionally I slip up and they seep in via the way of metaphor. Even that has it's risks. And these are items where the risk outweighs the reward by tons.

So I'm left with my usual. You know the crap. I've posted it time and time again. And it all looks, feels and sounds the same. Redundancy isn't a stellar quality in a blog in my opinion. Certainly there is some comfort in the familiar, but it's the unexpected that usually keeps people coming back. I've looked high and I've looked low during this little intermission. I still can't find my muse so I'm on my own.

7 Comments:

Blogger MooCow said...

Does this mean you'll stop trying to *touch* me?

9/20/2005  
Blogger katehopeeden said...

:)
Good to "see" you.
And btw, I love redundancy :P
~K

9/20/2005  
Blogger Grend31 said...

Moo: Fuck no! That'd be like me trying not to be madly heterosexual. Just ain't gonna happen son. Oh, and *touch*.

Kate: Good to be seen. I guess we all have a right to our opinion on the subject of redundancy.

9/20/2005  
Blogger Grend31 said...

Beo: There isn't anything wrong with getting sexually aroused by dressing up as a animal and wanting to get it on with another person dressed up as an animal. Also doesn't mean I want to have anything at all to do with it.

9/20/2005  
Blogger dewdew said...

I do... what kind of animal should I be?

9/21/2005  
Blogger Grend31 said...

Dewdew I think you should be a kangaroo. You've got the bounce. You get to box a bit. And you can keep cool stuff in your pouch.

9/21/2005  
Blogger dewdew said...

I must already be a kangaroo... I box my naughty bits and I do keep cool stuff up my "pouch".

9/26/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home