Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Grendku Awards Ceremony: Too Apathetic to Write Awards Version

Due to work making me it's bitch yet again these awards are late in coming. I'd offer my apologies, but work has sapped the strength from me and I might keel over from the effort.

Technically there should be no awards for this last round of Grendkus considering the subject matter. I mean those people who saw the Grendku topic, then didn't even muster up the wherewithall to even write a Grendku really took the topic to heart didn't they? You aren't buying this are you.. I'm still going to have to write awards aren't I? You bastards. Well I'm still feeling apathetic, so don't expect much. Quick and dirty this time people, no titles - just the raw awards. Work is looming over me like one of the Nine with sword raised high. Once again into the breach dear friends.

Beo's quintet of queasiness earns him the Why Don't You Just Take a Jackhammer to My Jimmy Award. Or have they already? I'll bet they have. Wankers.

Kendra's gave birth to a new word so unto her shall be given the Cutting-edge Creation of Cant Award. I hope your paperwork for trademarking or copyrighting that word is underway.

Vegas calls upon the mighty power of The One Film and acquires the Ode to Office Space Award. I think if I watched that film tonight I'd have to commit seppuku.

AliceBabylon's honest and heartfelt confession earns her the grace of the Absolution of All Apathetic Attitudes Award. Now go... and be indifferent to your ennui my child.

Dewdew tries to distract us with one counting hand, but we have a good idea of what the other hand is doing. He manages to choke up the Dextrous Digits of Distraction Award. This was an easy award to create. I have one just like it on my mantle I used as a model.

Serra makes me twitch and convulse in an empathetic spastic fit. To make the seizure stop I'm giving her the Can't Make Me Care about your Crap Award. Why isn't this stopping? Oh, I'm at work still. Crap.

Moocow takes the subject matter's pure essence, rips out it's heart and distills it to 180 proof. If there was a best in show award, Moo would take it with this one. There isn't though so he'll have to settle for Flatly Found the Form and Fiber Award. Because I think we all know Moo needs more fiber.

Dragonfly makes me weep on the inside with her prophetic notion that nothing can make it better. I'm making a plea to her by giving her the Next Time Please Tender Me an Internal Tissue Award. Now if you don't mind I'm off to have a sobbing of the soul.

Ok, I'm back. Jesster wraps up this week with an action plan earning her the Powerpoint Presentation on Planning to Plant Explosives to Preempt Pathos Award. Gah, I thinp I pulled sumpthing.

Well see if I actually care enough to post up a Grendku topic this week. All this apathy stuff has me.. well, feeling apathetic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grend31 said...

Now yer getting the hang of it Beo!!! Excellent work!

8/24/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home