How did I get in this handbasket and where am I going?
Why is it so hard to change?
We all self destruct, but why do we have to help things along in this department?
Why do I have to ask all these damn difficult questions?
Why can't I just be blissfully ignorant?
...
Almost a third of this year is gone. My ambition to work on just about any of my new years resolutions, however, is nearly exhausted. I'm not losing weight, I'm not seeing more of my relatives and I'm definitely not giving any more of a damn about my career.
Wow, that's like 0/3 on some of my heavy hitters. I believe that's what we call "failing". Which, coincidentally, makes me a failure. Don't argue the math. It's there in black and white. Or black and whatever color I choose for this post. It's feeling like an orange post though. Yep. There it is. Definitely orange.
And sadly, posting this has not been a cathartic experience. But I knew it wouldn't. At least I set some realistic expectations for the post. Here I am in this cube, all alone. Well alone if you don't count all these pink elephants. At least they have names now. Lardo, Apatho and Lethargo. Apparently staring them down and ignoring them won't make them go away. These techniques work on my coworkers. You can't blame me for trying.
We all self destruct, but why do we have to help things along in this department?
Why do I have to ask all these damn difficult questions?
Why can't I just be blissfully ignorant?
...
Almost a third of this year is gone. My ambition to work on just about any of my new years resolutions, however, is nearly exhausted. I'm not losing weight, I'm not seeing more of my relatives and I'm definitely not giving any more of a damn about my career.
Wow, that's like 0/3 on some of my heavy hitters. I believe that's what we call "failing". Which, coincidentally, makes me a failure. Don't argue the math. It's there in black and white. Or black and whatever color I choose for this post. It's feeling like an orange post though. Yep. There it is. Definitely orange.
And sadly, posting this has not been a cathartic experience. But I knew it wouldn't. At least I set some realistic expectations for the post. Here I am in this cube, all alone. Well alone if you don't count all these pink elephants. At least they have names now. Lardo, Apatho and Lethargo. Apparently staring them down and ignoring them won't make them go away. These techniques work on my coworkers. You can't blame me for trying.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home